The Overseas School of Colombo celebrated its 55 years of quality education with an anniversary ball and a ceremony to recognize the valuable contribution of staff members who had been with the school for 20 years or more.
The anniversary was a gala affair featuring raffle draws, dances and the presence of alumni from various parts of the globe as well as former headmasters and teachers. Alumni from all parts of the globe arrived in the island to attend the ball.
Founded in 1957 as a non-profit organization under Sri Lankan law, the school was originally named, The Overseas Children School. The name was changed to The Overseas School of Colombo in 1996.
The Overseas School of Colombo remains Sri Lanka’s oldest internationally accredited educational institution. It is the only school in Sri Lanka to offer the International Baccalaureate Programme from Pre-school to Grade 12.
The Overseas School of Colombo is a multinational English medium international school catering to the needs of the internationally mobile expatriate community and Sri Lankan students.
The Overseas School of Colombo provides an educational setting that is focused on developing each student to achieve their full potential. The Overseas School of Colombo is a culturally diverse community with students, parents and staff working in harmony.
At present OSC accommodates over 400 students from as many as 45 different nationalities.